[BusyBox] Re: Last busybox documentation update

Jon McClintock jonm at bluemug.com
Fri Jul 7 20:36:35 UTC 2000

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 02:22:05PM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Fri Jul 07, 2000 at 02:12:33PM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> >
> > I plan on just using the full blown one from util-linux.  Anything else is
> > going to just cause grief I suspect.  I have already started working on getting
> > this merged in.
>
> Hmm.  The more I poke at this, the more I suspect that perhaps fdisk
> shouldn't live in busybox at all.
>
> Thoughts?

I tend to agree. In most embedded situations, you're going to be dealing with
a system where the disks and partitions are already setup, and don't need to
be messed with.

Of course, that's from the embedded user's perspective. There's the other side
of the coin, which is the rescue/boot floppy crowd. But I think those folks
will generally want a full-featured fdisk.

darkhawk:~/util-linux-2.10f/fdisk> wc *.c *.h
[filelist cut]
  11049   39440  300124 total

And at over eleven thousand lines of code, it's more than a quarter the size
of BusyBox. I don't think it really belongs...

-Jon