[BusyBox] interesing ash module?

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Sat Dec 30 11:04:24 UTC 2000

On Sat Dec 30, 2000 at 01:06:08PM +0300, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> Erik Andersen wrote:
>
> > Hmm. I will have to check this out.  BTW, the current
> > busybox cmdedit.c is derived from the ash hetio patch
> > but has a number of improvements and bug fixes...
>
> Sorry. cmdedit is also not true right. Many external
> functions, overchanged and big todo... :)
> After New Year i compare and get true idea and put in to this ash.

Hmm.  Shouldn't be _too_ many changes needed... :-)

> Also i have next modules for busybox:
>
> chat (full functionaly),
> pppd (without shadow, pam, ipx, linux 2.2 only)
> traceroute (require nss)
> telnet witch zmodem (require nss)
> ifconfig, route (without ipx, ipv6)
> inetd(full functionaly?)
> telnetd(without pam,shadow,wtmp, require nss)
> ipchains(full functionaly)

All networking apps are in the process of being removed
from busybox and moved into a new app called netkit-tiny.
    http://busybox.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/netkit-tiny/
This will allow a bit more safety from security holes in some
random unaudited busybox app.

> agetty (full functionaly, and add options -T: waiting character 'T')

You have seen tinylogin, right?

> ex2fsck, mke2fs(without mklost+found)

Hmm.  Be interesting to know how small you can get them.
I might consider including these in the stock busybox package...

> mc-4.1.36(without gpm, subshell)

Hmm.  Midnight commander, the shell thing?

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com