[BusyBox] Syslogd with ringbuffer - experiences

Michael Renzmann renzmann at gmx.de
Sat Dec 30 09:42:59 UTC 2000

Hi all.

Some experiences made with the syslogd patch by Gennady:
- There are lots of instances of syslogd available, about 7 on my local
system. It is unclear, why and when those instances occur.

- When shutting down syslogd by sending the term signal, the following
happens:

1. killall -TERM syslogd
2. Message from syslogd:
Exiting syslogd!
d: semop[SMwdn]: Invalid argument
3. After that, my init scripts send another TERM and KILL signal to
those applications that kept on running
4. Message from syslogd:
semop[SMwdn]: Invalid argument

The rest is running fine and stable. I will patch logread soon in a way
that one could tell how many lines it should show and maybe add some
filtering to it.

Bye, Mike