[BusyBox] clean Bourne shell parser, under construction

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Sun Dec 24 23:22:11 UTC 2000

On Sat Dec 23, 2000 at 09:15:12PM -0800, larry at doolittle.boa.org wrote:
> I just posted parser.c to
>   http://doolittle.faludi.com/~larry/parser.c
>
> parser.c -- a prototype Bourne shell grammar parser
>      Intended to follow the original Thompson and Ritchie
>      "small and simple is beautiful" philosophy, which
>      incidentally is a good match to today's BusyBox.

This is looking very nice.  I can certainly see grafting the guts from the
current sh.c into this, and having your parser become the new heart of sh.c
This conde certainly enjoys the benefits of hindsight (i.e. carefully designed
for the task at hand from the start).  The current sh.c is much more
evolutionary (i.e. lots of ugly hacks as I retrofitted things into it).  I'll
look over this further (perhaps when I get bored at my wife's family's
christmas party ;-) and see what I can do to finish up redirects and such.  I
really like what I have seen of this so far.

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com