[BusyBox] Another tar fix

Arne Bernin ab at netropol.de
Mon Dec 18 14:55:46 UTC 2000

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 07:42:18PM -0800, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 12:14:28AM +0100, Arne Bernin wrote:
> > Attached is a patch that fixes some unwanted behaviour of bb tar.
> > tar says it removes the leading '/' in member names, and than tries to
> > include '/' itself in the tar file. The  header of this is of course not valid,
> > removing / leaves an empty string.
>
> Rather than putting this code in writeTarHeader, how about putting
> it in writeFileToTarball?  That way you don't use a nasty hack to
> abort writing it.

No Problem, in fact is was not my idea ;-) There was already code in
writeTarHeader and i wanted a fast solution...

> Matt

-- arne
Arne Bernin                            	Netropol Digitale Systeme
					Lagerstrasse 30a
Tel: +49 4043250000                     D-20357 Hamburg/Germany
Fax: +49 40 43189490                    ab at Netropol.de