[BusyBox] logger/syslogd

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Mon Dec 11 19:31:04 UTC 2000

On Mon Dec 11, 2000 at 10:40:17AM -0800, Larry Doolittle wrote:
> I don't think logger and/or syslogd handle priority right.
>
> $ logger -p user.alert Im OK for now
>
> shows up in the log as
>
> Dec 11 10:34:44 lrd3 root: ¬ ^P@@^BIm OK for now

This looks to be busybox logger.c at fault.  Trying bb logger using sysklogd
1.3 for the syslog daemon also shows the crap, while using busybox syslogd, the
first result below is bsdutils logger, the second is busybox logger...
    Dec 11 12:32:02 traveller user.alert andersen: Im OK for now
    Dec 11 12:32:11 traveller user.alert andersenÄòÿ¿ð^N: Im OK for now

Hmm...  Checking logger.c for non-NULL terminated strings.  Hmm.  Looks
like my_getpwuid is not NULL terminating things.

 -Erik

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com