[BusyBox] ntpclient (blatant plug)

larry at doolittle.boa.org larry at doolittle.boa.org
Mon Dec 11 06:19:43 UTC 2000

Guys -

I just uploaded another snapshot of ntpclient.
Quoting from its README:

> ntpclient is an NTP (RFC-1305) client for unix-alike computers.
> Its functionality is a small subset of xntpd, but IMHO performs
> better (or at least has the potential to function better) within
> that limited scope.  Since it is much smaller than xntpd, it is
> also more relevant for embedded computers.
>
> ntpclient is Copyright 1997, 1999, 2000 Larry Doolittle, and may
> be freely used and copied according to the terms of the GNU
> General Public License, version 2.
>
> ntpclient home page: http://doolittle.faludi.com/ntpclient/

I imagine some people on this list would be valuable
alpha testers.  If it ever proves useful and stable on
its own, I could imagine donating it to netkit-tiny
(the dynamically linked binary on i386 is about 16K).
I also have a lightweight adjtimex(1) program, that
might be a candidate for BusyBox proper -- _AFTER_ 0.48
has stabilized and is released.

       - Larry