[BusyBox] netkit-tiny suggestion: httpd

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Mon Dec 4 15:45:26 UTC 2000

At 11:10 AM 12/4/00 +0100, Michael Renzmann wrote:
>Currently, thttpd is a nice interim solution until I find the time to
>write a httpd which exactly fits my needs, but I would like to replace
>thttpd with something else asap. By looking at my to-do-list I suppose
>this to happen about march next year... :(

A couple of possibilities here --

1. Take a look at chttpd. It's basically dhtppd rewritten in C (dhttpd was
written in C++). Still no cgi support, but other small improvements, and
half the size of dhttpd, 1/3 the size of thttpd (executable is 16K,
contrasted to thttpd's 50K). Add cgi support and this should be a nice,
limited http server for handling config pages on embedded systems.

Try URL http://www.nwonknu.org/chttpd

2. As part of his LRP-based EigerStein distribution, Charles Steinkuehler
has written a "weblet" package based on shell scripts. Haven't used it
myself, but it sounds interesting. Find in at http://lrp.steinkuehler.net .

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray at comarre.com