[BusyBox] ar,dd patch attached, CVS sucks bigtime

Glenn McGrath bug1 at netconnect.com.au
Fri Aug 25 04:10:39 UTC 2000

I tried again to submit this myself, i did

export CVS_RSH=/usr/bin/ssh
export CVSROOT=bug1 at busybox.net:/var/cvs

and then from a subdirectory under /home/bug1 i tried

cvs login  : failed this only works with pserver type error

cvs co : this worked, asked me for my password, which it seemed to
accept, then downloaded the whole lot.

I then did a diff of the newly created busybox against my version to
check what has changed, then i applied the diff to busybox i checked
out.

then i tried to do

cvs commit

i get
cvs commit: authorization failed: server busybox.net rejected
access
cvs commit: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

But i cant login unless i use the pserver method, which is an
alternative to using ssh isnt it ?
So from the message cvs gives it looks like it should be impossible to
commit using ssh.

Of course i must be doing something wrong...

I really admire the people who created CVS, they are very creative, they
managed to come up with an interface that is completely unlike anything
else in existance.

There must be a better way !

Glenn