[BusyBox] Busybox - ported getopt(1)

Glenn McGrath bug1 at netconnect.com.au
Tue Aug 22 08:16:23 UTC 2000

Erik Andersen wrote:

> Sure.  I think it would be a nice addition.  BTW, did you see the
> shell script 'udpkg.sh' I whipped together this morning (posted
> to debian-boot and debian-devel).  Something like that...
>
>  -Erik

Yes i did, a script does have the advantage that it would be more
portable than a busybox specific mini dpkg.
Anyway i started lookint at implementing this in busybox, and it got me
thinking about how ive implemented ar, im now working on an updated
version of ar, should be smaller, more flexible and simpler. It would be
good if it could tie in better with tar, seems they share a lot of
functionality. I should have an ar patch within a day or two.

Glenn