[BusyBox] Tail Update III

Allen Soard esp-software at mail.hypermart.net
Tue Aug 1 16:19:14 UTC 2000

---- Begin Original Message ----

Looks basically ok (I have checked it into CVS as
is).  I still have a few
concerns with the main routine though.  For
example, you are using
getopt_long_only() when I think it would be best
to use just plain old getopt()

--snip--
good point in contrast the getopt_long_only
functon costs an additional 96 bytes...fixed.
--snip

(especially since you are not really using any
long options).  You are also
doing some interesting things with preprocessing
argv before getopt, and then
copying the leftovers from argv into another
variable.  That is really not the
best way to do things and leaves room for
fixing.

--snip--
I found a problem with trying to parse -NUM
options in getopts so I'm preparsing them.
Should I get rid of getopts and hand roll
it?...please adivse.
--snip--

Tail -f currently only works
on one file at a time.

--snip--
Both versions now support -f for multiple files.
with an added weight of about 256 bytes. I think
if I can figure out how to fix the above getopts
problem, some of that will be recovered.

-E.Allen Soard

Bookmark the HyperMart Small Business Center. All the tools you need to
succeed!
http://www.hypermart.net/center/