[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Daily results for 2021-09-10

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Sat Sep 11 10:00:26 UTC 2021

All,

On 2021-09-11 07:08 -0000, Thomas Petazzoni spake thusly:
[--SNIP--]
> Gitlab CI results for 2021-09-10
> ================================
>
> Detail of defconfig failures for master
> ---------------------------------------

A lot of our defconfigs have been failing, with error messages like:

    mke2fs 1.46.3 (27-Jul-2021)
    mkfs.ext4: No such file or directory while trying to determine filesystem size
    *** Maybe you need to increase the filesystem size (BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_EXT2_SIZE)
    fs/ext2/ext2.mk:46: recipe for target '/builds/buildroot.org/buildroot/output/images/rootfs.ext2' failed

Note that the error message is misleading; indeed, the size issue is
most probably spurious.

Instead, the issue was with e2fsprogs 1.46.3, which had a regression,
that was fixed in 1.46.4, which we recently bumped to:

    https://git.buildroot.org/buildroot/commit/?id=4ad23552c6

So, before you take action to increase the size in an attempt to fix
the issue, please first test on current master that the error still
occurs.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +33 561 099 427 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |