[Buildroot] Arc and C-Sky toolchains

Giulio Benetti giulio.benetti at benettiengineering.com
Wed Sep 8 21:45:52 UTC 2021

On 9/8/21 11:29 PM, Giulio Benetti wrote:
> Hello Romain, Thomas, All,
>
> I can't understand the reason why Arc and C-Sky provide a special
> toolchain(i.e. synopsis gcc10) instead of treating them like external
> toolchains. Can you help me in understanding this?

Is it because differently from the external ones they are provided as
sources instead of binaries? If yes, then ok. But I would extend their
description in package/gcc/Config.in.host like:
- bool "gcc arc (10.x)"
+ bool "synopsys's designware gcc arc (10.x)"

and
- bool "gcc csky"
+ bool "official gcc csky"

What about it?