[Buildroot] Buildroot patchwork strange Submitter

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Thu Oct 7 06:01:19 UTC 2021

Baruch, Jeremy, All,

On 2021-10-07 08:13 +0300, Baruch Siach via buildroot spake thusly:
> The "Submitter" field of some Buildroot patchwork entries over the last
> few days from different senders is set to "Baruch Siach via buildroot":
>   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/list/?submitter=82609
>
> Any idea what might be causing that?

That's because of DMARC mangling in the mailing list (or something like
that, I'm no expert): the From field is replaced by the list adress, and
thus the patches look like they are all from the same sender, and
somehow the name of that sender is arbitrarily chosen... Not sure aboutr
the heuristic...

And this time it picked yours. In the past, it picked others' nmaes, and
I expect in the future it will pick another one...

As for what happens when the patches are applied: I have a script that
fixes this when applying; I think the other maintainers use pwclient or
some such, and it is also automatically fixed when applying. Maybe git-am
fixes it on its own too?

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +33 561 099 427 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |