[Buildroot] [External] Re: Adding new products in the CPE database ?

Weber, Matthew L Collins Matthew.Weber at collins.com
Tue Oct 5 19:12:02 UTC 2021

All,

Yeah, it isn't too bad.

What has worked before has been to build a proposed XML entry for the new addition that includes the basic VERSION and PROJECT reference fields.  The NIST cpe team then takes those refs and verifies they make sense before adding the new entry to the dictionary.  You don't necessarily need to include all prior versions (they sometimes fill these in).

Regards,
Matt