[Buildroot] Disable qt5declarative dependency on GUI

Peter Seiderer ps.report at gmx.net
Sun Nov 14 14:56:04 UTC 2021

Hello Sergey,

On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 14:45:10 +0300, Кузьминов Сергей <kuzminov.sergey81 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. My English is poor. You need to remove the "select

No problem, every contribution welcome ;-)

> BR2_PACKAGE_QT5BASE_GUI" dependency from the
> package/qt5/qt5declarative/Config.in file.
>
> This is needed to build Qt console applications without a GUI. The
> qt5declarative library is needed as a replacement for the outdated
> qt5script.
>
> Some aspects of qt5declarative are not GUI related:
> https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qjsengine.html
>
> A simple example:
>
> QJSEngine myEngine;
> QJSValue three = myEngine.evaluate("1 + 2");
>
> Thanks a lot!

Just sent out an improved version of your patch (instead of removing the qt5gui
select entirely move it down to the qt5quick section) to the mailing list (see [1])...

Thanks for suggestion!

Regards,
Peter

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20211114135722.12386-1-ps.report@gmx.net