[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Daily results for 2021-11-03

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Fri Nov 5 21:23:21 UTC 2021

Thomas, All,

On 2021-11-05 09:25 +0100, Thomas Petazzoni spake thusly:
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2021 22:48:29 +0100
> "Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr> wrote:
> > Hint, and to serve as my own memory: if investigating a reported-unknown
> > failure, just grab the build-time.log.gz, decompress it, and pass it
> > through this python3 script:
> >

> >     with open('build-time.log', 'r') as f:
> >         lines =  [l.rstrip('\n\r') for l in f.readlines()]
> >     pkg = dict()
> >     for l in lines:
> >         items = [i.strip() for i in l.split(':')]
> >         if items[1] == 'start':
> >             pkg[items[3]] = items[2]
> >         else:
> >             del pkg[items[3]]
> >     print(pkg)
> >
> > This reports all the packages (usually one) that had a step started that
> > did not end, e.g.;
> >
> >     {'tpm2-tss': 'configure'}
>
> Should we augment the logic that detects the failure reason with
> something like this, when the reason is "unknown" ? It would be ideal
> to also get the package version, so we could get the exact same
> information as we have with "normal" failures.

Oh-noes, another side track! ;-)

But the autobuilder website can only report one package per build
failure, so if the above were to return more than one package, how
should we handle it? Just pick one randomly?

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +33 561 099 427 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |