[Buildroot] [RPi4] Enable GTK3 on Buildroot

Peter Seiderer ps.report at gmx.net
Wed Jun 2 20:26:32 UTC 2021

Hello Derek,

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 11:23:46 +0200, Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 15:21:29 -0600
> Derek T <derek.tata1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to enable GTK3 on Buildroot to deploy to a Raspberry Pi 4, and
> > having trouble initializing the Xorg server with an HDMI display.  The
> > persistent error seems to be an undefined symbol while loading
> > fbturbo_drv.so.  I tried manually loading the libraries in the config file,
> > which helped with some of the undefined symbol errors, but the symbol
> > "fbdevHWSave" has continued to throw an error.  I have a Weston daemon
> > running on the device, and on boot a desktop screen shows up on the
> > display.
>
> If you already have Weston up and running, why are you not using the
> Wayland backend of Gtk3 ? It seems more logical than trying to get
> X.org working.

Despite the suggestion that there are better solutions than fbturbo on RPi4
your problem should be fixed by the buildroot patch
'[v1] package/x11r7/xdriver_xf86-video-fbturbo: fix driver loading' (see [1])...,
thanks for providing the buildroot config file to reproduce the failure...

Regards,
Peter

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20210602201529.6210-1-ps.report@gmx.net/