[Buildroot] Patch for linux-headers

Petr Vorel petr.vorel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 22:49:40 UTC 2021

Hi Peter,

>  > Hi,
>  > I wonder if it's allowed to add patch to add patch for linux-headers.
>  > There would have to be more versions for the patch (due headers being built for
>  > more versions). I'd like to use my upstreamed patch [1] which fixes
>  > "redefinition of struct sysinfo" build failure on MUSL.
>  > This so far required to patch affected packages or simply disable them
>  > (depends on !BR2_TOOLCHAIN_USES_MUSL).

>  > Actually, much simpler patch from Khem Raj could be used [2].

> It can be done if needed, but it is naturally easier to handle
> without.
Understand. More versions and kernel checking would be needed.
I implemented it, but IMHO it'd have to also require Buildroot toolchain
rebuild.

> I noticed that you got some patches applied to the stable
> kernels related to this recently - Do those fix the issues, or is an
> additional patch needed?
Yes, it fixes the issue. Thus no patching is needed.

I didn't expect the fix would be accepted in stable,
but it has been accepted (in the end it's a fix).

OK, we need to wait till kernel stable releases, update kernel versions in
Buildroot. But IMHO it still requires Buildroot toolchain rebuild. Or am I wrong?

BTW I'm waiting for it for iproute2 upgrade (originally [1] and [2], now [3]).

Kind regards,
Petr

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20200818183832.7947-2-petr.vorel@gmail.com/
[2] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20200903155728.19448-2-petr.vorel@gmail.com/