[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2021-02-04

Peter Seiderer ps.report at gmx.net
Fri Feb 5 17:58:59 UTC 2021

Hello Heiko,

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 15:42:46 +0100, Heiko Thiery <heiko.thiery at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Am Fr., 5. Feb. 2021 um 09:18 Uhr schrieb Thomas Petazzoni
> <thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com>:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Autobuilder failures
> > ====================
> >
> > Below is a list of build failures reported by the Buildroot
> > autobuilders in relation to packages or CPU
> > architectures you are in charge of. Please help us
> > improving the quality of Buildroot by investigating
> > those build failures and sending patches to fix
> > them.Thanks!
> >
> > Results for the 'master' branch
> > -------------------------------
> >
> > Build failures related to your packages:
> >
> >     arch     |             reason             |                                       url
> > -------------+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >    xtensa    |        netopeer2-1.1.53        | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/e21834d4d2ee580f00f0fdcbd3728787148c0da9
> >    nios2     |        netopeer2-1.1.53        | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/e9bfe730da3faec5884e8950855a34541c3408a9
> > microblazeel |        netopeer2-1.1.53        | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/99ca5aa18074b19f2e6a311c2d38addb697f552b
> >   powerpc    |        netopeer2-1.1.53        | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/2b9ad4626a1b6918a8e8d586521626306f5f8133
> > microblazeel |        netopeer2-1.1.53        | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/65108399fb6d7b02d812bc15d5074bfd404764c5
> >    nios2     |        netopeer2-1.1.53        | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/6730e1e6ceebec94a9ad27deac0a4d1bf4661536
> >   powerpc    |        netopeer2-1.1.53        | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/16bf1c3b4059a159480d23e6e132dcff05bd9b96
> > powerpc64le  |        netopeer2-1.1.53        | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/985aac8fd746c64e4ad0e093028164d8ae637409
> >    mipsel    |        netopeer2-1.1.53        | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/da0e36543cf68e4e9bbe819945a884193f33819a
>
> I checked the reason for the build failure on the netopeer2 package.
> It is caused by some files that are created in /dev/shm/sr_* during
> the installation process.
>
> I tried to find a solution for that. My first intention was to do a
> PRE_INSTALL_HOOK that deletes these files before the installation. But
> YANN disclaimed that because we should never delete files in
> /dev/shm/. This could lead to failures when doing concurrent parallel
> builds.
>
> To be more detailed what is going on:
> The netopeer2 package can install the required yang models for runtime
> during installation. Therefore an additional script (setup.sh) is
> invoked. There the sysrepocfg host tool is used to do the installation
> of these yang models. sysrepo will then create this /dev/shm files and
> leave them. But with the updated netopeer2 package the shm files are
> incompatible and the build errors appear.

> [...]

Fix the script to cleanup afterwards? The /dev/shm/sr_* files are created
on the host, are they needed afterwards/at-run-time on the target?

OpenWRT seems to disable buildtime-module-install ([1]) for a similar case...

Regards,
Peter

[1] https://github.com/openwrt/packages/blob/openwrt-18.06/net/sysrepo/patches/002-remove-buildtime-module-install