[Buildroot] Books and/or courses for beginners - ARM devices

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Tue Feb 2 19:56:00 UTC 2021

Hello Mauricio,

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 15:25:43 +0000
Mauricio Litinow <mauricio.penteado at litinow.com> wrote:

> It has been difficult for me to absorb the nedded knowledge to compile
> and build Buildroot for ARM devices.
>
> I have never done anything like this before.
>
> Please, is the book "Mastering Embedded Linux-2nd-Ed" a good starting
> point? Is there book more up to date?
>
> Are there any online courses explaining details about this process?

This is perhaps some shameless advertising, but:

 - https://bootlin.com/training/embedded-linux/
 - https://bootlin.com/training/buildroot/

Training materials are all freely available, and I think our Buildroot
slides are a pretty solid documentation of how to use Buildroot, create
new packages, etc.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com