[Buildroot] Python package installed without dependencies defined in setup.py

Ivo Grondman buildroot at grondman.net
Thu Feb 25 15:20:43 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I’m using a custom Python package which relies on setuptools for its installation, with dependencies defined in the install_requires part of setup.py. Once I run everything, I can see that the package itself is installed correctly, but none of its dependencies is. I also cannot find anything about any attempts to install dependencies in the logs. I do see the explicit ’setup.py install’ call in the logs and if I manually call the install script on the machine where I do my buildroot builds then all the dependencies do get installed, so I’m not sure why buildroot doesn’t...

What could be going on here?

My my-python-package.mk:
######
MY_PYTHON_PACKAGE_VERSION = 0.0.1
MY_PYTHON_PACKAGE_SOURCE = my-package-$(MY_PYTHON_PACKAGE_VERSION).tar.gz
MY_PYTHON_PACKAGE_SITE = file://$(BR2_EXTERNAL_MYTREE_PATH)
MY_PYTHON_PACKAGE_SETUP_TYPE = setuptools
MY_PYTHON_PACKAGE_LICENSE = Other
MY_PYTHON_PACKAGE_LICENSE_FILES = LICENSE.md
$(eval $(python-package))
######

If you need any more info, please let me know.

Any help on this or perhaps a hint to debug this is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Ivo