[Buildroot] [BUG] qt5declarative not building on host distro without libatomic.so

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Thu Aug 5 14:43:50 UTC 2021

 Hi Quentin,

On 05/08/2021 12:31, Quentin Schulz wrote:

[snip]> From the logs and also the Makefile, it seems that qmltyperegistrar is
> built with the wrong -spec passed to qmake. It should be
> common/g++-base.conf (or something similar) and not
> devices/linux-buildroot-g++ as currently.

 After a lot of analysis I come to the same conclusion.

> This is confirmed a bit later in the Makefile with `-latomic` making it to LIBS
> which might not be what's wanted?
>
> This `-latomic` was added in
> 7d286be4f96cfb731e184c3e8cfea27a031bde3c "package/qt5base: link with -latomic when needed".

 We end up with $(HOST_DIR)/mkspecs/devices/linux-buildroot-g++/arch.conf that
looks like this:

-----8<-----8<-----
LIBS += -latomic

 Perhaps that should be changed into:

!host_build {
    LIBS += -latomic
}

 Can you give that a go, and if it works, create a patch?

 Regards,
 Arnout