[Buildroot] package/localedef: parallel build failing. python3 dependency missing?

Michael Nosthoff buildroot at heine.tech
Fri Sep 11 08:07:42 UTC 2020

Hi,

I tried to move my build to parallel and the package host-localedef is
failing with this message:

checking if /build/build/per-package/host-localedef/host/bin/ccache
/usr/bin/gcc is sufficient to build libc... yes
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nm... /usr/bin/nm
checking for python3... no
checking for python... python
checking version of python... 2.7.18, bad
configure: error:
*** These critical programs are missing or too old: python
*** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.

The system I'm building on is a Ubuntu 20.04 with only python 2
installed. On my other dev machine where python 3 is installed the
package is successfully built.

But from my understanding the python from package host-python3 should be
used for building?
This package is being built but I guess the host-localedef package is
missing the dependency?

Regards,
Michael