[Buildroot] [go] backport go-module patch series to 2020.08.x?

Christian Stewart christian at paral.in
Wed Sep 9 06:57:55 UTC 2020

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 11:54 PM Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:
>   Each release cycle consist of two months of development on the master
>   branch and one month stabilization before the release is made. During
>   this phase no new features are added to master, only bugfixes.
>
>   The stabilization phase starts with tagging -rc1, and every week
>   until the release, another release candidate is tagged.

OK, understood, it should keep working fine with the old approach for
all of the packages in the Buildroot tree - (some of my external ones,
not so much).

Unfortunate we couldn't get it into 2020.08.x and 2020.05.x, but I
understand the reasoning.

Everyday my downstream branches stray further from upstream... :)

Best,
Christian