[Buildroot] More maintainers

Alexander Dahl post at lespocky.de
Mon Sep 7 18:35:03 UTC 2020

Hei hei,

just want to add a note on the mailing list archive aspect …

On Mon, Sep 07, 2020 at 05:57:20PM +0200, Michael Nosthoff via buildroot wrote:
> Searchability of the ML. The kernel has this lore system which
> offers a text search. From what I know BR doesn't offer that. So
> what is the normal way to search the ML archive? Google Foo?

The software behind lore.kernel.org is called public-inbox:

https://public-inbox.org/design_notes.html

That's free software. Some weeks ago someone from pengutronix asked
kernel.org if they would archive the mailing lists for barebox and/or
ptxdist, too. The answer was more or less: “please do it yourself.” So
if buildroot wants to go that way, it probably has to set up
public-inbox by themselves.

Greets
Alex

--
/"\ ASCII RIBBON | »With the first link, the chain is forged. The first
\ / CAMPAIGN     | speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the