[Buildroot] More maintainers

Heiko Thiery heiko.thiery at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 15:02:20 UTC 2020

Hi all,

regarding to this discussion I also have two infos I would like to
share with you:

[1] "As GitLab has grown over the years, we’re incredibly humbled by
the number of users who choose to use our free platform. As the
adoption of our free product has scaled, so have the underlying costs
to support it. As we are committed to continue to support the free
product for the larger community, we need to implement further CI/CD
limits on GitLab.com. This change is only applicable to free
GitLab.com users—current GitLab.com paid tiers and all self-managed
GitLab tiers will remain unchanged."

Does the buildroot gitlab is affected by this change? Or is buildroot
a member of the GitLab for Open Source program [2]?

The other thing is a talk about "New Tools Improve Patch Submission,
Review, and Other Processes" by Frank Rowand, Sony on the upcoming
Open Source Summit:

"The Linux kernel patch submission, review, and acceptance process has
long been email based. There have been both benefits and problems
resulting from being email based. Some new tools appear to reduce or
remove some of the problems. This presentation will describe the new
tools, how to use them, and how they solve problems for submitters,
reviewers, and maintainers. Any open source project whose contribution
process uses email may be interested in considering these new tools."

Maybe there are interesting new tools available that can be
used/adopted to buildroot as well.

--
Heiko

[1] https://about.gitlab.com/pricing/faq-consumption-cicd/