[Buildroot] More maintainers

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Sat Sep 5 20:25:57 UTC 2020

Adam, All,

On 2020-09-05 09:20 -0700, Adam Duskett spake thusly:
[--SNIP--]
> In fact, just looking at the list right now, a simple patch that has
> been reviewed
> AND tested is still sitting from 2019:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20191029095736.16586-1-fontaine.fabrice@gmail.com/

Thanks for pointing out to that seemingly trivial patch; I now have
taken time to do a proper review of it; please see my reply (I did add
you in Cc).

> Here's another:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20191109185512.24139-2-jeremy.rosen@smile.fr/

As already mentioned by Thomas, this was discussed with Jérémy when we
were in Lyon, last October, and the conclusion we came to was that we
needed a generic way to provide this feature. There was even some
explanations posted to the list (unfortunately not as a reply to that
series), which outlined the evetual goal, but no one has ever sent a
patchset toward that goal so far.

I'll send a proper rejection notice now.

> Here's a simple test:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20191112162325.529637-2-m.niestroj@grinn-global.com/

Thanks, I will have a look at it.

> So this is demonstrably false, which is why a lot of us are growing
> more frustrated.

I can certainly understand the frustration, having been in that same
situation in the past, and still being in that situation with some of my
own patches...

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +33 561 099 427 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |