[Buildroot] More maintainers

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Sat Sep 5 19:17:44 UTC 2020

 > Hei hei,
 > On Sat, Sep 05, 2020 at 08:44:08AM +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:
 >> But sure, we could do the basics, E.G. check-package and perhaps even
 >> building a basic config. That could cover basic issues and would have
 >> the advantage that the contributor gets fast feedback. It naturally also
 >> means quite a bit more mails on the list (E.G. to send a reviewed-by or
 >> any issues found).

 > The number of mail could be kept low, if only problems or failures are
 > sent by mail.  Reporting each success would be too much, wouldn't it?
 > I think that's how most bots on the Linux kernel lists currently
 > behave, screaming when things fail, but stay silent if everything is
 > okay?

Yes, that is certainly possible. This would mean that the bot would be
used to give early feedback to contributors whenever a (style) mistake
was made, rather than only when a maintainer would look at the patch and
try to apply it - But it wouldn't really help getting patches applied
faster.

But even so it might be useful to do.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard