[Buildroot] Package without external sources

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Sat Nov 14 13:26:46 UTC 2020

 > Hello,
 > I want to create a package without external sources. photoframe.mk
 > looks like:
 > PHOTOFRAME_VERSION = 0.0.1
 > PHOTOFRAME_LICENSE = GPL-3.0+

 > define PHOTOFRAME_INSTALL_TARGET_CMDS
 >     $(INSTALL) -D -m 0755 $(LIBFOO_PKGDIR)/photoframe.sh $(TARGET_DIR)/bin
 > endef

 > $(eval $(autotools-package))

 > However, the it complains with
 > "PHOTOFRAME_SITE cannot be empty when PHOTOFRAME_SOURCE is not"

 > I wonder, as PHOTOFRAME_SOURCE is not set as shown above.

It is because PHOTOFRAME_SOURCE defaults to
photoframe-$(PHOTOFRAME_VERSION).tar.gz. If you don't have any external
source code, just drop PHOTOFRAME_VERSION to disable this, talking about
the photoframe version when it is part of the buildroot tree anyway
doesn't make a lot of sense.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard