[Buildroot] Failed to initialize driver 'nl80211' wlan0: Unsupported driver 'nl80211'

Kevin Tomary kevin.tomary at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 3 14:20:29 UTC 2020

I am working with Buildroot, to flash an image on my STM32MP157C-DK2 I wanted to have Wi-Fi working it but I got this error:

Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
nl80211: 'nl80211' generic netlink not found
Failed to initialize driver 'nl80211'
wlan0: Unsupported driver 'nl80211'
FAIL

I configure the interfaces and wpa_supplicant.conf files correctly normally. I don't know wthat that means but my configuration in the menuconfigand linux-menuconfigis right (I think). Does it maybe have something to do with my target machine (the STM in this case) ?

Every Kind of Help is appreciated since I am a newby in Embedded Linux