[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2020-11-02

Michael Nosthoff buildroot at heine.tech
Tue Nov 3 08:51:05 UTC 2020

Hi Peter,

from time to time I get this build failure reported:

On Tuesday, November 03, 2020 09:10 CET, Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:

> Results for the '2020.02.x' branch
> ----------------------------------
>
> Build failures related to your packages:
>
>     arch     |             reason             |                                       url
>     or1k     |        host-grpc-1.25.0        | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/605a7e9911fac8785272d0ffdabdde9c8876daa5

this was fixed by this commit:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20200915161107.1826-1-buildroot@heine.tech/

Would it make sense to pick this for LTS?
It fixes a corner-case with the autobuilder which uses gcc 4.8 on ubuntu, so I wouldn't say it's absolutely needed though.

Regards,
Michael