[Buildroot] Incorrect configure --target= and --host= when building ncurses 6.1

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Sat May 9 10:01:00 UTC 2020

On Fri, 8 May 2020 23:04:07 -0400
William Tambe <tambewilliam at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am adding a new board for which the architecture name is "iron".

You're really using a completely new CPU architecture? You have a
complete toolchain available for it ?

> While building ncurses, the following command is issued:
>
> ./configure --target=iron-buildroot-linux-gnu --host=iron-buildroot-linux-gnu

You need to add support for the "iron" architecture in gnuconfig. We
have our own copy of the gnuconfig files in support/gnuconfig/, which
we use to overwrite what is provided by autotools packages.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com