[Buildroot] Inquiry : Adding a custom python package to buildroot

Pragash Jeyaratnam pragash.jeyaratnam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 14:54:29 UTC 2020

Hi,

Adding to my previous email. The problem is due to python setup.py issue
within custom modules. For example If we assume,
If a setup.py which has configuration

setup(name='your-module',
      data_files=[
        ('/usr/share/your_module/', glob.glob('data/*')),
      ],
     )

The above failure will occur ( Absolute path reference) . As per to the
setup.py manual https://docs.python.org/3/distutils/setupscript.html
"The *directory* should be a relative path. It is interpreted relative to
the installation prefix"

So in-order to satisfy the above the configuration should be changed to
  setup(name='your_module',
      data_files=[
        ('share/your_module/', glob.glob('data/*')),
      ],
     )

Which will be created as per to the installation_prefix/share/your_module.

Hope it was helpful.

Regards,
Pragash