[Buildroot] Buildroot 2020.02 released

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 10:17:28 UTC 2020

El lun., 9 mar. 2020 a las 22:13, Peter Korsgaard
(<peter at korsgaard.com>) escribió:

>  > Hello,
>  > On Mon, Mar 9, 2020, 08:27 Peter Korsgaard <peter at korsgaard.com> wrote:
>
>  > Is it intentional that the usual contributor and reviewer list is not
>  > present?
>
> Not really. It was late yesterday, but also because I used the 2019.02
> release notes as a template for the mail, and we also didn't added the
> list of contributers there:
>
> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2019-March/244273.html
>
> I am a bit concerned about the length of the announcement mail, as there
> is quite a bit of info in it, but if it is useful then I can certainly
> try to remember to add it in the future.

Ok, I had checked the 2019.11 release announcement and the list was
present there.

I have always found this list a good way for community building: it
clearly shows that Buildroot has a large amount of contributors, and
developers in the list get some positive reinforcement about having
contributed. This reinforcement is good for the developer themself,
but could also be relevant for their surroundings like an employer or
peers.

In the same way I quite liked the list of reviewers/ackers/testers as
it encourages people to spend time on these tasks too.