[Buildroot] [RFC v2 2/2] package/qt5webengine: fix chromium arm compile flags

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Tue Mar 3 08:00:29 UTC 2020

Hello Peter,

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 23:01:55 +0100
Peter Seiderer <ps.report at gmx.net> wrote:

> > Could we instead ask this thing to not do all this sorcery, and instead
> > just use the compiler as-is, without passing crazy
> > architecture-specific compiler flags ?
>
> Disabled all march/mfloat-abi/mtune/mfpu flags with the following patch:

[...]

Thanks for this work! To me this feels like a better solution, even
though it's annoying to maintain such a local patch. I assume there's
pretty much zero chance to get this merged by upstream Chromium, and
then back into the qt5webengine code anyway.

> Quick (if you call can call it quick with miniumum 50 minutes compile time)
> worked for a buildroot toolchain (which defaults to the right cpu) and
> the rpi zero testcase..., but now no buildroot specific flags are
> used for the compile (no optimize, no custom, no cpu type etc.)...,
> will work with compilers with the right default values...

The CPU type is encoded into the compiler wrapper. So it's really only
the optimization/debug flags that you will be missing.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com