[Buildroot] ebtables and musl

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Mon Jun 15 03:55:27 UTC 2020

Hi Florian,

On Mon, Jun 15 2020, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> On 6/13/2020 8:34 PM, Markus Mayer wrote:

>>> We have a version upgrade patch in patchwork:
>>>
>>>   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20200427212653.29933-1-ryanbarnett3@gmail.com/
>>>
>>> You might want to test and contribute your Tested-by.
>>
>> Will do. I'll let you know how it goes.
>
> Would not these two patches be relevant for the kernel headers too:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=da360299b6734135a5f66d7db458dcc7801c826a
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=6926e041a8920c8ec27e4e155efa760aa01551fd
>
> which would not require patching ebtables or musl at all?

Buildroot allows the user to set the kernel version, or even provide a
whole kernel tree. This includes kernels older than v4.15/v4.16. Because
of that we can't rely on any given patch to apply to the kernel version
we happen to use for the toolchain.

The ebtables patch is no longer needed for version 2.0.11. The musl
patch however is still needed for compatibility with older kernels.

baruch

--
                                                     ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
   - baruch at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -