[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2020-07-12

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Tue Jul 21 15:53:56 UTC 2020

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 10:30:34 -0500
Matthew Weber <matthew.weber at collins.com> wrote:

> Ah, yeah that could work.  I was looking at making a subsection under
> "21.6. Reporting issues/bugs or getting help" if we do add it in the
> manual.  There are going to be cases where a Buildroot CVE report
> misreports because of our scripts, plus the case of an actual
> dictionary bug.

I think section 21.6 is really more oriented towards end users of
Buildroot, and explain how they should get back to us to report
issues/bugs.

The topic of how to notify NVD maintainers of invalid CVEs is really
advanced, and mainly a Buildroot maintainer/developer topic.

> Maybe we start on the wiki?

Yes, I would say yes. Perhaps start a page related to security/CVE
tracking in Buildroot.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com