[Buildroot] external, how to achieve our needs?

Mircea GLIGA mgliga at bitdefender.com
Wed Feb 26 13:30:41 UTC 2020

Hi Ludovic,

I also have this kind of problems when implementing our external,
sometimes is useful to 'override' or append to a recipe (Yocto style).

* I ended up "duplicating" recipes in our layer, e.g. bd-tcpdump in order
to build the package differently
* Where it was possible, I manipulated the original package variables,
from a .mk file in the external layer: e.g modify the *_CONF_OPTS or
*_CONF_ENV for some package

I'm also not that pleased with this 'unofficial' solution.

BR
Mircea