[Buildroot] [EXT] Re: [v5, 4/9] package/qoriq-rcw: add target rcw binary support

Jerry Huang jerry.huang at nxp.com
Mon Feb 24 14:44:03 UTC 2020

hi,

Best Regards
Jerry Huang

The menu name may be changed to others, like this "RCW binary name"

> To me, BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_QORIQ_RCW_CUSTOM_PATH is the custom rcw as
> it is provided by the user.
>
> I feel BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_QORIQ_RCW_BIN is the opposite of custom actually
> as it builds a manufacturer provided RCW file.
BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_QORIQ_RCW_CUSTOM_PATH: used for customer
BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_QORIQ_RCW_BIN: used for NXP qoriq platforms

> What do you think?
>
> Also should it really depends on
> "!BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_QORIQ_RCW_CUSTOM_PATH"?
> What prevents a user from building 2 RCWs for some reason, 1 user provided
> and 1 officially provided through qoriq-rcw-LSDK-19.09.tar.gz?
I think for one board, just 1 RCW binary is needed.
If customer need two RCW binary as you said, I think customer should be have two different defconfig.