[Buildroot] Analysis of build results

Giulio Benetti giulio.benetti at micronovasrl.com
Sat Feb 22 19:44:00 UTC 2020

Hi Romain,

+Cc me @benettiengineering.com and...

Il 22/02/2020 20:10, Romain Naour ha scritto:
> Hi Giulio,
>
> CC: buildroot <buildroot at buildroot.org>
>
> Le 22/02/2020 à 19:57, Giulio Benetti a écrit :
>> Hi Romain,
>>
>> Il 22/02/2020 19:18, Romain Naour ha scritto:
>>> Hi Giulio,

>>> This a a Fedora 31 disto regularly updated.
>>>
>>> This is weird since we already disabled parallel build [1]
>>
>> Ah good finding, with this I've also found that [1] is wrong, since this is a
>> generic package, so need to build with $(MAKE1) instead of $(MAKE) without
>> LIBSVGTINY_MAKE = $(MAKE1)
>> but maybe the patch i've sent you could work.
>>
>> Can you give a try?
>
> I tried to reproduce the issue but libsvgtiny still build fine here...
>

>> If it still fails, since this package contains 4 source files, I could send a
>> patch that really avoid parallel build. And it must sent anyway a patch to fix
>> that error.
>
> Maybe we can just fix the patch [1] ?
> Can you send the patch ?

...yes, I'm going to send it soon.

> BTW, who is using libsvgtiny? There is no package using it, no DEVELOPERS entry,
> a fragile build system and the version we use is out of date (2011-03-21).
> Maybe we can drop it?

Yes, it should at least be bumped, I could take care of it, but I don't
know if someone uses this package. Anyway I've seen that tags are set
per year, so my effort would be very few to bump it and keep it up to date.

Thomas, please let me know if it is a good idea or better drop it.

--
Giulio Benetti