[Buildroot] Add BR2_EXTRA_CXX_FLAGS to be appended to TARGET_CXXFLAGS

lpdev at cordier.org lpdev at cordier.org
Tue Feb 18 09:45:15 UTC 2020

Dear all,

For some reason, I need to disable cxx11 ABI on my entire buildroot build. AFAIK, it is currently not possible to set project-wide cxx flag, like _GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0. Currently this flag has to be set on all package manually.

After studying a bit the buildroot makefiles, TARGET_CXXFLAGS is populated by some buildroot options, such as BR2_BINFMT_FLAT, etc.

I see 2 possible solutions to solve that:

- at the buildroot build level, add an option like BR2_USE_CXX11_ABI, or more generally, BR2_EXTRA_CXX_FLAGS (that can be extended to cflags as well).

- at the buildroot toolchain build level, add an option in the buildroot toolchain that allows to control the CXX11 ABI

What do you think about that?

Thanks

Louis-Paul CORDIER