[Buildroot] multiple kernel build?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Sun Feb 16 01:08:19 UTC 2020

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 10:12:12 -0500
Wesley Chow <wes at cortico.ai> wrote:

> I'm having trouble figuring out if buildroot had a mechanism for building
> multiple Linux kernels within one image. For example, if I would like to
> provide one image for different Raspberry Pi versions or QEMU, I would need
> to distribute kernels for different CPU archs (setting aside the problem of
> detecting which hardware I'm on in the bootloader). Is this currently
> possible?

If you need to build multiple kernels, then you need one separate
Buildroot configuration for each. Buildroot is very simple: one
Buildroot configuration allows to build one system, i.e one toolchain,
one kernel, one root filesystem image.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com