[Buildroot] QtWebEngine on RPI 0 W

rscr rafacrespiramon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 12:51:18 UTC 2020

Dear Peter,

I have fixed the issue:

- Using the buildroot toolchain with gcc 5.x
- Increasing swap in my Ubuntu host until 10 GB
(https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/docs/linux/build_instructions.md#System-requirements)
- Using BR2_JLEVEL = 2

Now QtWebEngine is built with the image.

I just have to test if I can run a Qt app with WebEngineView

>Your provided defconfig states:
>
>BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_PATH="/home/ibercomp/rcr/tools/toolchains/sourceforge/rpi0w/cross-pi-gcc->6.3.0-0"
>
>So you are still not using a buildroot provided toolchain (I suspect from
the path your use
<one from the https://sourceforge.net/projects/raspberry-pi-cross-compilers/
project)?

On the meanwhile, I was trying with some other toolchain because of the
"Virtual exahusted memory" failure I got with the buildroot one.

>BR2_PACKAGE_QT5WEBENGINE is not enabled in the given defconfig, wrong
defconfig?

At first attempt of building an image with a new toolchain, I decided not to
add the QtWebEngine. I just was trying to test if the new toolchain was
worked...and did not.

Kind Regards,

Rafa

--