[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2020-12-06

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Dec 7 09:16:50 UTC 2020

On Mon, 7 Dec 2020 11:56:24 +0300
Maxim Kochetkov <fido_max at inbox.ru> wrote:

> TimescaleDB have no PostgreSQL 13 support right now.
>
> https://github.com/timescale/timescaledb/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt
>
> # Ensure that PostgreSQL version is supported and consistent
> # with src/compat.h version check
> if ((${PG_VERSION_MAJOR} LESS "11") OR
>      (${PG_VERSION_MAJOR} GREATER "12"))
>    message(FATAL_ERROR "TimescaleDB only supports PostgreSQL 11 and 12")
> endif()

Then, how do we proceed, since timescaledb requires PostgreSQL, but
Buildroot now uses PostgreSQL 13 ? Should we drop timescaledb ? Under
what time frame does the timescaledb project intends to support
PostgreSQL 13 ? There is apparently a pull request opened at
https://github.com/timescale/timescaledb/pull/2498.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com