[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2020-08-18

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Fri Aug 28 07:20:12 UTC 2020

On 19/08/2020 11:51, Kieran Bingham wrote:
> Hi Thomas, Fabrice,
>
> This autobuilder failure is still on going for M68k
>
> It relates to an assertion which only seems to fire on the m68k
> regarding a ControlValue which we serialise, and therefore (currently)
> require to know it's exact size.
>

> -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wextra -Werror -std=c++14 -O3 -Wno-unused-parameter
> -include config.h -faligned-new -fPIC -pthread -MD -MQ
> src/libcamera/libcamera.so.p/controls.cpp.o -MF
> src/libcamera/libcamera.so.p/controls.cpp.o.d -o
> src/libcamera/libcamera.so.p/controls.cpp.o -c ../src/libcamera/controls.cpp
> ../src/libcamera/controls.cpp:92:36: error: static assertion failed:
> Invalid size of ControlValue class
>  static_assert(sizeof(ControlValue) == 16, "Invalid size of ControlValue
> class");
>
> I assumed that this happens because the m68k is 32 bit, but of course we
> already successfully compile on other 32 bit architectures, so I'm not
> sure of the underlying change of size.

 I haven't looked at it at all, but if ControlValue is a struct, it's more
likely caused by padding.

> Anyway, I'm quite certain we wouldn't expect libcamera to run on an
> m68k. What's the easiest way to disable libcamera support for that target?
>
> Should the have an architecture specific depends on !m68k or such in
> Config.in, or is there a better way to handle this?

 Yes, if you don't want to bother with fixing an issue, just add a !m68k with a
small comment (e.g. "# Invalid size of ControlValue") and all of the explanation
above in the commit message.

 Regards,
 Arnout