[Buildroot] OpenSSH login problem

Romain Naour romain.naour at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 21:59:27 UTC 2020

Hello All,

Le 17/08/2020 à 23:36, Christian Stewart a écrit :
> Hi Thomas, all,
>
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 1:06 PM Thomas Petazzoni
> <thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 12:59:02 -0700
>> Christian Stewart <christian at paral.in> wrote:
>>
>>> FWIW I actually had the same, was trying to test an odroid XU4 and the
>>> SSH server was immediately closing the connection. I double-checked
>>> that openssh was at the latest version & I was on the latest buildroot
>>> master as well, and assumed at the time it must have had something to
>>> do with the kernel bump I was testing.
>>>
>>> Now I'm thinking maybe this was causing it. Will test again later today.
>>
>> Could you try applying:
>>
>>  https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/commit/beee0ef61866cb567b9abc23bd850f922e59e3f0
>>  https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/commit/69298ebfc2c066acee5d187eac8ce9f38c796630
>>
>> and see if it helps ?
>
> Tests run against buildroot master - at commit hash:
>
> 1396b06a1ee9a86055488de593be93ae2585ceb1
>
> == Test 1: pi3 w/ gcc 10 glibc binutils 2.34
>
> PASS - defconfig:
>
> BR2_arm=y
> BR2_cortex_a7=y
> BR2_ARM_FPU_NEON_VFPV4=y
> BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_GLIBC=y
> BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_LINUX_HEADERS_CUSTOM_5_4=y
> BR2_BINUTILS_VERSION_2_34_X=y
> BR2_GCC_VERSION_10_X=y
>
> openssh works as expected.
>
> == Test 2: odroid xu4 with gcc 9, binutils 2.33.1
>
> have not had a chance to test yet but this was the one that didn't work before.
>
> BR2_arm=y
> BR2_cortex_a15_a7=y
> BR2_ARM_FPU_NEON_VFPV4=y
> BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_GLIBC=y

I did a new test [1] in the Buildroot testsuite for openssh with a glibc
internal toolchain to check if the issue with gcc 10 and openssh 8.1 is fixed [2].

Can you test again ?

[1]
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/patch/20200817215545.8271-1-romain.naour@gmail.com/
[2] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/65386