[Buildroot] OpenSSH login problem

Christian Stewart christian at paral.in
Mon Aug 17 21:36:11 UTC 2020

Hi Thomas, all,

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 1:06 PM Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 12:59:02 -0700
> Christian Stewart <christian at paral.in> wrote:
>
> > FWIW I actually had the same, was trying to test an odroid XU4 and the
> > SSH server was immediately closing the connection. I double-checked
> > that openssh was at the latest version & I was on the latest buildroot
> > master as well, and assumed at the time it must have had something to
> > do with the kernel bump I was testing.
> >
> > Now I'm thinking maybe this was causing it. Will test again later today.
>
> Could you try applying:
>
>  https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/commit/beee0ef61866cb567b9abc23bd850f922e59e3f0
>  https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/commit/69298ebfc2c066acee5d187eac8ce9f38c796630
>
> and see if it helps ?

Tests run against buildroot master - at commit hash:

1396b06a1ee9a86055488de593be93ae2585ceb1

== Test 1: pi3 w/ gcc 10 glibc binutils 2.34

PASS - defconfig:

BR2_arm=y
BR2_cortex_a7=y
BR2_ARM_FPU_NEON_VFPV4=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_GLIBC=y
BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_LINUX_HEADERS_CUSTOM_5_4=y
BR2_BINUTILS_VERSION_2_34_X=y
BR2_GCC_VERSION_10_X=y

openssh works as expected.

== Test 2: odroid xu4 with gcc 9, binutils 2.33.1

have not had a chance to test yet but this was the one that didn't work before.

BR2_arm=y
BR2_cortex_a15_a7=y
BR2_ARM_FPU_NEON_VFPV4=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_GLIBC=y