[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Analysis of build results

Gwenhael Goavec-Merou gwenj at trabucayre.com
Mon Aug 17 09:19:40 UTC 2020

Thomas, all
On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 00:09:14 +0200
Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Frank, Gwenhael, Romain, Adam, ARC maintainers, Peter, there are some
> questions/issues for you below.
>
> Everybody else: please help fixing autobuilder issues !
>
> See below some preliminary analysis of all build failures that occurred
> on August 14.

[...]
> >     mips     |        gr-osmosdr-0.2.0        | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/3bb8d678aaa782b70c14a8f9cd3e1df2e55bc613 |
>
> mips-linux-gnu-g++: ERROR: unsafe header/library path used in cross-compilation: '-isystem' '/usr/include'
> mips-linux-gnu-g++: ERROR: unsafe header/library path used in cross-compilation: '-isystem' '/usr/include'
>
> Gwenhael, could you take care of this, at least do some preliminary
> analysis to find where this bogus -isystem invocation comes from ?

I have, by the past, often and again now, searched for the solution. Seems a problem with cmake:
debian stable with cmake 3.13.4 -> fail
debian stable with cmake provided by buildroot (force  support/dependencies/check-host-cmake.mk) -> success

I search for a way to have cmake more verbose to determine where the -isystem is added...

Gwen
[...]