[Buildroot] Root password and ssh issues

Michael Opdenacker michael.opdenacker at bootlin.com
Fri Aug 7 13:41:04 UTC 2020

Greetings,

Thanks for these useful clarifications!

On 8/7/20 1:35 PM, Peter Seiderer wrote:
> ...and should be fixed for uclibc by commit 'package/uclibc: defconfig:
> enable sha-256/512 password auth support' ([1])...
>
> By the way, maybe it would be nice if the buildroot password hash
> selection although changes the busybox default via
> busybox/.config CONFIG_FEATURE_DEFAULT_PASSWD_ALGO="md5"?
>
> Regards,
> Peter
>
> [1] https://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=bdd8362a88428ed1c04fc6f4bbcbf7692b2a2b39

Right, I should have mentioned that I'm using an external uClibc
toolchain built by crosstool-ng.

Do I understand well that the trouble comes from Dropbear (not BusyBox)
supporting only MD5 in /etc/shadow, at least when built with my toolchain?

Thanks again,

Michael.

--
Michael Opdenacker, CEO, Bootlin